Saturday, January 2, 2010

January 1, 2010

2010!! A new decade and a life I never thought I would actually have. I want to write, I want to learn, and I want to share my ideas with anyone who might want to listen (even if that’s nobody).
I was reading my Entertainment Weekly and as they sum up 2009 and the last decade there’s a page dedicated to authors who did something for an entire year and then wrote a book about it. There’s a man who biked through 41 countries, A Orthodox Jew who changes religion in search of his faith, A family that decides to not buy anything “made in China”, and women who follow Oprah’s lifestyle advice, say yes to every date opportunity, and share morning pictures 3,191 miles apart.
What fun, I think it would be to do this. Not really to write a book about it, but to experience it. Now, I can’t bike through 41 countries, I’m not in search of my faith, and I’m not sure I have an extra hour to watch Oprah everyday. So what could I do for a year?
Let me first tell you that I am 24. I’m married to a man that is too good for me, but don’t ever tell him that, it’ll go straight to his head. And we welcomed our first child, a son named Cullen, November 23, 2009. (Which is why I don’t have an extra hour in my day). Currently I’m a stay at home mom. My husband and I both work for my father, so I guess I’m always on call. I’ve at least had one job and at one point I had 3 at the same time, since I was 14. So now that I have the most important job I’ll ever have, I feel as though I’m not working. So why not do something I’ve always wanted to do? WRITE.
It’s January 2nd, and I haven’t figured out anything I want to do for a whole year. I’m kind of running out of time to experience something. So here’s what I got so far: a brand new Twitter account that I’m learning how to use, several daily calendars and subscriptions to Writer’s Digest and Entertainment Weekly. All of which I got for Christmas, except the Twitter account. A Wine Lover’s calendar, Word of the Day calendar, and a perpetual flip calendar “Ask and it is Given”. I also got a Twilight calendar.
So what have I learned so far? January 1, 2010: “Too much of anything is bad, but too much champagne is just right.” –Mark Twain (Wine Lover’s Calendar). Word of the Day: syncretic \sin-‘kre-tik\ adj.: characterized or brought about by the combination of different forms of belief or practice. “Ask and it is Given”: not to communicate with words or speech. The non-physical language is one of vibration, and the non-physical communities are those of intention. Also, January = Team Edward.
So my resolution for the new year? Not to lose weight (though that would be nice), but simply to write. Everyday I hope to share what I’ve learned from my calendars as well as my life. We’ll simply call it “A Year of Blogs and Tweets”. If it gets really good, we may change the name so I can make it into a book and become a gazillionaire. I’m already a day behind, so this should be promising.

Here we go.

Happy New Year Everyone.

http://twitter.com/lalexshaffer

No comments:

Post a Comment